Statement of Faith
Preface: Our Statement of Faith concerns the Person and Work of Jesus Christ (the Gospel) revealed in Scripture. It is the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 2, Eph. 4:5) which distinguishes believers from non-believers. There are many other precious truths taught in the Bible over which godly people have differed in understanding. Therefore, this is not a statement of all that is important to believe but of all that is essential to believe for Christian fellowship and unity (Rom. 15:7).
1. We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired and only infallible Word of God (II Tim. 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21).
2. We believe God is one being Who eternally exists as three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All of the persons are equal in power and glory (Matt. 28:19, II Cor. 13:14).
3. We believe Jesus Christ is fully God and man (John 1:1, 14), born of a virgin (Matt. 1:18), sinless in His life (Heb. 4:15). He rose bodily from the grave (John 20:1-9, 24-31, Acts 2:24) and now reigns with the Father (Acts 2:33, Heb. 10:12). He will return visibly and personally to the earth both in salvation and judgment (Acts 1:11, Heb. 9:28, Matt. 24:35).
4. We believe all humans are sinful by nature (Rom. 3:23, 5:12) and can only be forgiven by repentance and statement of trust in Jesus as Savior (John 3:16), brought about by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5-7).
5. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:1-17).
6. We affirm the biblical definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman (Genesis 2:24, Mark 10:6-9).
7. We affirm gender as male and female, originally from birth. (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 5:2)
8. We believe in love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.